10 Hindu Push Ups Workout
Hindu push ups are a variation of push ups which build strength and flexibility through a wider range of motion which challenges the whole body; from abs to ass, you'll feel these push ups working!
Check Our Infographics - The Hindu Pushups Exercise Explained
As Hindu push ups stretch your hamstrings (especially in position 1) it is important to attempt them with warm muscles to avoid causing damage to the muscles. Runner and cyclists will often have tight hamstrings so it is particularly important to warm up and stretch the muscles to feel the most benefit from this exercise.
So what makes Hindu push ups different to regular push ups?
- The starting and middle positions are very similar to the yoga postures downward facing dog and cobra rather than traditional push ups which maintains a rigid plank which is levered by the arms.
- Hands are positioned at waist level when body is straightened in a Hindu push up (see image 4) rather than shoulder level like regular push ups.
- The fluid motion of the Hindu push up improves flexibility in the hips, hamstrings, quads and lower back - traditional push ups engage these muscle to hold the body in a straight line, building strength but not flexibility.
How are Hindu push ups similar to regular push ups?
- Both Hindu and regular push ups improve chest and arm strength.
- Both will build your core strength.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S