10 top sporting events this week!
Posted by Cags R on 27 February 2012 at 10:20 AM
1. The Dubai Tennis Championship is halfway through, the women's games having been played last week seeing number 5 seed Agnieszka Radwańska beat German Julia Goerges. This week we can look forward to seeing the likes of Berdych, Tsonga, Murray, Federer and current world number 1 Djokovich battling it out on the court.
2. The ASP World Tour is in Queensland this week surfing the Gold Coast which boasts some of Australia's finest surfing destinations.
3. Mülheim an der Ruhr will host the German Badminton Open this week, there's a 9000 euro prize for the singles winners - both in the men's game and the women's and 9480 euros for doubles winners!
4. This week will also have the Snooker World Open will be hosted in Haiku, China, with some of the world's top players set to make an appearance alongside Wildcard entries from all over the world.
5. Today England take on Pakistan in their third T20 Cricket test, the match will start 20:00 local time and 16:00 GMT. England's women have just completed a 4-0 victory over New Zealand and Ireland finish their T20 series again Kenya with a 3-0 victory. Also look out for the India Sri Lanka Tri-series match tomorrow.
6. Wednesday will see international Football between Northern Ireland and Norway as well as Slovenia playing Scotland - as a Scotland fan the rugby is hard enough to watch so think I might give that one a miss!
7. This year marks the 10th anniversay of the Triathlon Show which will be hosted in Sandown Park, Surrey. The show will offer a range of opportunities to talk to specialists about all your cycling, running and swimming needs. The show opens on Friday and will be on all weekend!
8. The British Swimming Championships and Olympic trials start this Saturday running throughout the following week. Special good luck goes to Rob Iddiols who we spoke to last month.
9. The Race to the Sun starts this Sunday, seeing reigning champion Tony Martin defend his title in the Paris to Nice cycle race.
10. Sunday is also the day for the Miami Half Marathon which will begin at 6:13am to catch the sunrise for the 13.1 mile race. The event has a Latin flavour added this year with Latin bands set to play to entertain the 3000 runners and the countless spectators! If you're running don't forget to take the Challenge and let us know how it goes!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S