200 days until the Paralympic Games
Posted by Cags R on 11 February 2012 at 8:30 AM
To celebrate the 200 day countdown to the start of Paralymic Games the British Paralympic Association are offering former-Paralympians tickets to watch the games and support the new generation of Paralympic talent. The BPA are hoping that the former athletes will also emphasis the link between the London Games and the origins of the Paralympics in Stoke Mandeville in 1948.
The Games development has truly been an inspiration to disabled sports persons; gold medal winning archer Danielle Brown was quoted by the BPA saying “sport is such an important part of my life and the Paralympics have grown to become the ultimate competition for disabled athletes".
Rose K went to the Laureus Awards this week where Oscar Pistorius spoke about competing:
“I have never seen myself as having a disability, my mother would say in the morning to my brother ‘put your shoes on’ and to me ‘put your legs on and that is the last I want to hear about it’. If you look at all the athletes in the Paralympics they don’t focus on what they don’t have, they focus on what they do have. If they are missing 20% of their ability they focus on the 80% they still have and make that 80% their 100. And I think that is what anyone in life has to do, everyone in life has some sort of disability, whether it is a mental hurdle or a barrier and to have the ability to get over it is the greatest gift in the world”.
So with only 200 days to go which Paralympic events would you love to see?
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S