5 tips for Food Challenges
Have you ever been on a dietary Challenge, worked hard at it for 3 weeks and had a moment of weakness or even worse a moment of forgetfulness!? Well I have, and I can tell you that it feels rubbish to have a slip up, so here are 5 tips to help you complete:
1. Peer pressure - there's nothing like a bit of good old fashioned peer pressure to make you do something! No, I'm not talking about smoking behind the bike sheds, I'm talking about letting everyone know what Challenge you're doing. You may find that some of your friends will then take great enjoyment out of taunting you with that forbidden chocolate bar but stand strong! Their taunting will actually help remind you not to eat it!
2. Get others involved and share your progress - whether it's your family, flatmates or others from Tribesports, sharing will help! Update us on how the Challenge is going, even if it's just keeping count of how long you've been doing the Challenge, daily updates can really help you keep on the straight and narrow!
3. Read the Challenge rules properly - the 'Mocha Incident' will forever haunt me in the Tribesports office; whilst taking the 30 Days Without Chocolate Challenge I guzzled down a mocha after a week of no chocolate, only to be informed that mochas counted as chocolate. I was gutted! Read the rules and if there's something you consider a grey area, just ask a question and find out what other's think.
4. Find complimentary Challenges - if you're taking a Challenge to give up something, say Soda drinks or Chocolate, then take on a Challenge which asks you to include healthy additions to your diet, like the Oooooh Fruity or 2 litres of Water Challenges. If you fancy a chocolate bar, grab an apple and if you're craving a Coke then top up with water - 2 birds with 1 stone!
5. You only truly fail if you quit - Ok so you slipped up, you're only human, but DON'T GIVE UP! Dust the biscuit crumbs off and try again.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S