6 types of crunches: work your abs in different ways
One of the most popular Challenges on Tribesports is the 100 crunches a day for 2 weeks Challenge - over 10,000 people have taken it on but so far only 2000 have completed. So what are the rest of us doing which is stopping us completing this two-weeker?
If you find 100 crunches becoming a bit tedious after day three, why not change up your crunches to make them target different abdominal and core muscle groups whilst still counting towards your 100 daily crunches!
Add in 10 reps of each variation into your crunches regime and see if you find a new favourite. Using these 6 types of crunches to vary your 100 daily crunches will mean you are working different abdominal muscles as well as giving your legs and bum a workout too. Using a wider range of motion when you crunch will give more resistance and increase the intensity of the exercise.
If you struggle with the two week Challenges, check out this article of tips for completing weekly Challenges and see if you can tick off the 100 crunches a day for 2 weeks Challenge in a fortnight's time!
What's your favourite type of crunch for abs? Share it in the Challenge and get crunching!!
Justin B, Kel M and 28 othersJustin B, Kel M, Alan C, Tycho H, Joana G, Ingrid R, Yvonne H, Alistair G, Pam B, Maryse D, Michele H, Chantel S, Natalija B, Tiffany G, Zane H, Karen L, Paul S, Elena M, Petra M, Eunice Y, Krystal M, Lisa B, Ce M, Aleksandar V, Joanne H, Jonathan H, Eva J, Antonia B, Marija Ć and Matteo R encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S