Awesome backflip burpees!
If you think burpees are tough, check out Michal Šimara and his backflip burpees!
Want to learn how to do this awesome exercise? You've got to start with the basics and work your way up:
- To start off, check out Jack A's guide on how to do full burpee - as you can see in Michal's video, there should be a push-up at the bottom of each rep
- Next up it's time to get your cardio endurance to a level where you can do 50 reps against the clock - is it 100% necessary to be able to do 50 before you progress? No. But you should take on that Challenge anyway!
- Add a tuck into your jump (knees to your chest) to give yourself more air time
- Complete the 50 burpees with a tuck jump in one set Challenge (again, we're just being mean but you should definitely do it!)
Now for the backflip training:
- Start off on a trampoline to get used to movement of the backflip
- Work on bringing your knees up to your chest - check out Addz S and his gymnastics group all backflipping together
- Backflips off a step or box will give you more air time (get yourself a soft landing space though)
- Use a partner to assist you by using their arm as the pivoting point
Once you're confident at performing tuck jump burpees and backflips on their own, you can try to combine to two - be sure to add a picture or video to the Backflip Burpee Challenge!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S