Big new features for the New Year
Posted by Steve R on 21 January 2013 at 10:26 AM
With the start of New Year, we thought it a good time to do a bit of restyling of the site - we hope you like it.
If you have a browse around the site, hopefully you'll notice some great new changes. Our aim is to make all the interesting questions, discussions and guides easier to find and thus giving you the fitness information you need as quickly as possible. We have also added some new features:
- New layout on Sports hubs, Tribes and Challenges - these pages are now easier to navigate and, quite frankly, look awesome!
- New activity feeds to Tribes and Sports - just like you have on your home page and in Challenges. This will surface the great content happening in those Tribes and Challenges, making it easier for you to see what has been going on since your last visit. There are also now filters in place to link you to relevant Challenges from Tribes within the same sport:
- You can now ask questions, start discussions and post training data straight into Tribes and Challenges - making it easier to get the answers to all your sporting queries and share your training! Before asking a question, search in the search bar to see if it's been asked before - the answer may already be onsite.
- Tags are in place to link content throughout the site - as seen in the example above, the pull up sets question is tagged with 'Pull ups', 'Advice', 'Sets' and 'Reps', clicking on tags will take you through to all related content on the tag. (At the moment you can't add Tags to content already created, but we're working on that!)
Like all changes of this nature, our aim is to make some great improvements to the site. However, do feedback if you think something is working in a way that makes your experience whilst using the site poorer - that's not what we want! Please send all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do everything that we can to make your experience the best it can be!
Future improvements coming in the next few months:
Next up we're making improvements to activity feeds to ensure that you see more of the awesome posts relevant to your interests and the people that you follow, and that your major achievements don't get lost in the daily hubbub of the site!
We're also making a lot of improvements to the way you can add data (like a run) across a number of Challenges, automatically updating your activity to the range of Challenges you are taking (including those team Challenges we know you love!).
Finally, look out for the new 'Favouriting' function, this will allow you to create lists of things you've noticed across the site to refer back to, plus help you manage your Challenges - like a VIP list for activities!
As always, we really hope that you enjoy the new improvements to the site.
Nicholas N, Karen F and 29 othersNicholas N, Karen F, Jaco K, Andrew M, Craig B, Joe C, Paul S, Joe C, Adrian K, Joana G, Tony G, Jack A, Luc T, Peter M, Brenda D, Joanne H, Cheryl C, Ryan B, Alan E, Alan C, Rebecca R, Cory W, Shelenova N, Anna D, Eunice Y, Liz B, Justin B, Lisa B, Lucille W, Lilly A and Gaina C encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S