Fartlek Training: the simple way to improve race times
Fartlek training or 'speed play' is a great way to improve your running times. If you've found yourself struggling to break a certain time (whether it's a 30 minutes 5km or a 20 minute one), Fartlek training can help all standards of runners improve.
Why does it work?
If an athlete has become stuck in a rut in regards to their pacing on longer runs, this is an amazing training practice which includes High Intensity and recovery paces which can be alternated between over long and short distances. The outcome in the majority of runners who train using Fartlek sessions is an increased steady pace.
Take the Challenge to Power your running with 4 weeks of Fartlek training now.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S