Featured Workout: 4 minute fat burning Tabata
It's max effort time! This cheeky little workout is great to finish of a training session with - just make sure you're muscles are warmed up and you're ready to go.
"4 minutes?! What use it that?" we hear you cry - but that's where this workout is a bit different. This is not 4 minutes of you trying to work hard - this is 4 minutes of lung-bursting, leg-burning, ab-wrecking work where you are going for 3 rounds of MAX EFFORT - 20 seconds and then 10 seconds rest between each exercise.
Try to push yourself to match or beat your score with each round - see how many you can do. Log your total reps of each exercise in the workout and see if you can beat it for next time!
What is Tabata training?
Tabata training is an High Intensity Interval Training variation - it was developed by Professor Izumi Tabata and is known for improving both your aerobic and anaerobic fitness. As it lasts only 4 minutes, the intervals of exercise should be very high intensity - athletes in Tabata's study would work at an intensity of about 170% of VO2max.
No need to watch the clock! Time yourself for the intervals with this handy Tabata timer.
Huge thanks go to Janet J for making this Tabata workout - one Join the Tribe Tshirt coming your way!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S