Fitness Challenges to improve your basketball
OK hoopsters, it's time for drills, Coach Carter style!
To start with, take on some weekly Challenges to improve your overall fitness - teams who are fit enough to play every quarter like it's their first will dominate a team who has been spending all their time on set plays and neglecting their endurance!
So in the next 2 weeks we want:
- 100 push ups a day for 14 days
- Go running every other day for 2 weeks
- Race an elevator up 9 flights of stairs
- Agility Ladder Drills
- Jump Rope Drills
Now it's time to get working on your ball skills:
Defense Block Master -
turn over the ball with an explosive jump to stop the opposition in their tracks.
- 20 Lay-ups from both sides - make sure you're comfortable approaching the basket from either side, this way you'll be a double threat on the court!
- Shoot 5 straight free-throws - when you're awarded a free-throw you want to make it count, practice makes perfect so this Challenge will improve your consistencey - 5 in a row.
You can compare training tips, get advice on how to improve your jump shot and more in the Junior Jordans Tribe.
Samarth A encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S