Health benefits of exercise
Posted by Cags R on 24 November 2012 at 12:00 AM
Exercise has been named the leading preventative and restorative medicine for the unhealthy modern lifestyle. The health benefits of exercise are not simply physical but also mental and social; a lifestyle which incorporates 30 minutes of physical activity a day is generally healthier than those that don't.
So what is a healthy lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle is one which has a good balance between physical activity, work, social life and diet. And it's not just that 30 minutes of exercise will improve your fitness, people who manage 150 minutes of exercise a week are statistically more likely to adopt other healthy lifestyle choices too. We've made up an infographic to show off the health benefits that just 30 minutes of activity can have, along with some scary statistics as to what can happen without half an hour a day physical activity a day:
Have you taken the Challenge to Exercise 30 minutes a day? Don't forget to keep track of Andrew Murray as he takes on his insane Challenge of 7 Ultra marathons on 7 continents in 7 days - he's doing it all for raising awareness about the importance of daily physical activity.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S