How to get the kids active in the holiday season
It's easy to fall into the trap of repeated Christmas movies and board games but what can you do this year to get the kids active in the holiday season?
Our guest blogger Laura P has written up a guide on 5 ways to encourage the kids to be active over the holidays which is full of great advice for keeping the kids off the couch (especially if it's cold outside!) and running, playing and generally having fun in an active way - here are Laura's top 5 in a quick list - find out more by reading her full guide:
- Make it a family activity
- Turn it into a game
- Use incentives
- Lead the way
- Get outside with them
Amy L's kids ice fishing - lots of fun even in the cold!
Here's how the rest of the Tribesports community stay active with their families throughout the year:
John F: My daughter has done 3 duathlons and 15km run with me, this year is her first triathlon!
Goldie L: Just got back from 5 full days (12 hours plus each day) in Disneyland with my Son, Daughter-in-law & two grand daughters. Everyday filled with walking, swimming & having a fantastic time in Southern California.
Dwight W: A great day spent with the family bowling, hanging out and topped off with some evening swiming with friends.
How do you stay active over Christmas with your family?
Teresa D encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S