How to hack your eating habits
Throughout the day do you notice a definite spike in the healthiness of your food choices? A study has shown that there is a global trend to make healthier choices early in the day compared to the evening or night.
In his recent article, Mark Wilson highlighted the research from Massive Health which showed that across the world we eat a healthier breakfast than we do dinners. Here are 2 of their images, one for 7am and one for 4pm - the green area represents a healthy choice and the yellow/red represents less healthy food choices:
So if we know this, what can we at Tribesports do to help hack into our poor eating decisions and make a change? Yesterday we gave you 5 tips for food Challenges to help you stick to your dietary commitments, but how about a couple of Challenges to help?
Discover where you're slipping up by taking the Food Diary Challenge - this is a great way to raise your own awareness about your diet. It also holds you accountable for your choices - acknowledging that packet of biscuits you chowed down at 10pm makes you less likely to repeat!
The #WeeklyChallenge this week is all about Eating Clean - make sure your dinner is as healthy as your breakfast by resisting processed food and cooking fresh.
Often the biggest reason for us to eat badly is convenience - take on the Scratch Cooking Challenge and see if you can make all of your favourite food from scratch - there will be less salt and additives and always worth the extra effort!
Bastian is setting you the Challenge to have No food or calorie filled drinks after 6.45. Eat the breakfast of a king, lunch of a prince and dinner of a pauper and see if you notice a difference in your cravings.
- And let's not forget the silent killer of good intentions: Alcohol! No, I didn't want that bucket of fried chicken, kebab and fries - alcohol did though! Take the 4 Weeks without Alcohol Challenge and see how your late night diet differs.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S