Intermediate Calisthenics Workout from Al Kavadlo
Al Kavadlo is a Strength and Conditioning Coach who focuses on body weight exercises.
Calisthenic exercises are totally adaptable to your needs; you can increase or decrease resistance to suit your fitness levels - remember to push yourself so that you can perform good form whilst increasing the load of your workouts over time.
Al Kavadlo set up an awesome 3 part Challenge series; if you're new to body weight workouts then take on the Beginner Challenge, but if you think this looks too easy, check out the Advanced Challenge instead!
These 5 exercises should be performed for 5 sets of 5 reps - simple, right?
- 5x Pull ups - one of the best body weight moves for your back and arms. You can progress to muscle-ups for the advanced workout or if you're a beginner, opt for Australian pull-ups to start with.
- 5x Hanging knee raises - using the weight of your legs, you will work your lower abs. Once you feel confident with the weight of your legs with knees bent, work on progressively straightening your legs to prepare yourself for the advanced hanging leg raises.
- 5x Assisted pistol squats - pistol squats are an excellent lower body and core stability exercise. Using a pole for support, you can build up your technique with 5 assisted pistol squats on each legs. It's not uncommon to find it easier on one leg than the other - make sure you master assisted pistol squats on both legs before progressing to unsupported pistol squats.
- 5x Pike push ups - the change of angle from regular push ups will build your shoulder strength and work as a great stepping stone to performing handstand push ups!
Check out Al's demonstration video of all the exercises in this workout:
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S