Location, Location, Location! Tribesports adds location functionality to user profiles!
Posted by Steve R on 26 September 2011 at 5:08 PM
Tribesports has users in 80+ countries around the world - and a lot of users have been asking if they can add their location to their profile and updates, so that people know where they are posting from, and so that they can find users near them. Location is key to what we're doing at Tribesports - bringing online interaction offline and vice versa.
We've just released this new feature - where users can now enter their location in their profile settings here or there is a link from your user homepage. You can enter as much detail as you want into the box - but we will only ever show the nearest town and your country - we'll never show your postcode, street address or other details. Your town and country will then be shown under your activity updates. You can leave the box blank, save your settings, and no location will be shown.
Clicking on the location from an activity update, or your location in an update, will return users within a 20km radius of the town you clicked. You can then quickly and easily follow users activity near you.
Going forward we'll add a lot more functionality to allow you to filter, search and find challenges, tribes and users near you. This is a great start though - we hope you enjoy. As ever, we love feedback here.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S