Monday Inspiration: Chris Hoy's Thighs
British cycling legend Chris Hoy retired from track cycling on Thursday - the eleven time world champion and 6 time Olympic gold medal winning cyclist is a living legend, but it's not his medals we're celebrating today, it's those iconic THIGHS!
Sir Chris Hoy is Britain's most successful Olympic athlete of all time. His success on the track has done amazing things in regards popularity and press coverage of cycling in the UK. So really, anyone who's taken a keen interest in cycling the past decade should say a big 'Thank You' to Chris Hoy's thighs!
"I'm pleased to say that cycling is still something I love to do and I'll continue riding bikes for pleasure for the rest of my life. I’m passionate about encouraging people of all ages and abilities to get on their bikes and experience the benefits it can bring." - Chris Hoy
It's not just cycling that's gifted Sir Chris Hoy with his medal-winning quads - the Scotsman is also well known for his ability to squat 227.5kg. These thighs see a lot of action in the gym with squats and deadlifts, Hoy being quoted saying: "The squat is the king of leg exercises"
Since the 2012 Olympics, we've been challenging you to show off you thighs in the Challenge - Thigh Like Hoy - get the camera out and show off those muscles!
To celebrate his awesome career and, more importantly, his 27" thighs, we're giving away a Tribesports T-shirt to the best pair of thighs we see uploaded in the Challenge by Friday 26th April - and if Sir Chris decides to put his best thigh forwards and enter the competition himself, we'll throw him one too!
Reckon you've got the winning thighs? Post a photo and you could win a coverted Tshirt!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S