Monday Inspiration: Sporting Firsts
Posted by Cags R on 23 April 2012 at 7:00 AM
Last Monday thousands of women ran in the Boston Marathon. So why is that impressive?
Well 50 years ago women weren't even allowed to enter!
In 1966 Roberta 'Bobbi' Gibbs also known as 'the bandit runner' was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon. As women were banned from participating Bobbi hid in the bushes and jumped into the race so as to get past the officials!
Who's your favourite inspirational #SportingFirst?
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S