Monday Inspiration: Team X.T.R.E.M.E
You may have missed out Monday Inspiration from Christmas Eve, the awesome Noah Galloway! This week we're celebrating some of Noah's brothers-in-arms - Team X.T.R.E.M.E.
Team X.T.R.E.M.E was set up in 2009 as foundation to raise awareness and support for wounded soldiers. Team X.T.R.E.M.E stands aims to Train, Rehabilitate, Empower, Motivate and Endure - wounded soldiers are brought together again through team work and endurance events. The disabilities within Team X.T.R.E.M.E range from mental wounds such as PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) to physically wounded warriors.
The iconic gas masks worn by Team X.T.R.E.M.E's X-Athletes is used to promote solidarity, anonymity and respect for the military background of the athletes. The mask makes the physical challenges even harder but it represents the physical challenges faced every day by wounded warriors.
What have Team X.T.R.E.M.E done in the past?
Everything from half marathons to Tough Mudders, Spartan races to XTERRA Championships - and it's looking like 2013 will be jam packed with more awesome achievements from the X-Athletes!
Look out for the iconic gas masks at events near you and be sure to show Team X.T.R.E.M.E your support!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S