New search indexing and load time
Posted by Steve R on 31 May 2011 at 8:33 AM
Our @simon has done a sterling job on the search front, with a back end search installed for tribes, challenges and user pages - meaning pages are now loading a lot lot quicker. Have you noticed? On our tests, the challenge page load time has reduced in some cases from 27 seconds to 4/5 seconds - brilliant stuff.
You'll also notice that you can refine your results now using a drop down top right, and we have split challenges between events and general - so you can easily find the non-event challenges to push yourself. We'll be improving the event pages over the coming weeks, with ability to refine by date, distance etc, as well as hopefully incorporating an enormous database of events.
All in all, it should mean a better browse experience for users - hope that you enjoy!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S