Pimp your protein: recipes to build muscle
Bored of your current protein routine? Well it's time to shake up your perspective - who says milkshakes are the only way to get your protein hit!
Protein Ice Cream
Fancy something fruity? How about Mango Protein ice cream! This is a simple recipe for whipping up ice cream with an added kick.
Now these don't have to be whatever recipe the protein powder brands are rolling out - whack on an apron and make your own! Kurt S recommends his Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl protein bar; he's written out his recipe which is really simple to make and packed with protein!
There's also the Triple Chocolate Coconut Protein bars which require no actual cooking! Simply mix the ingredients and cool for a ridiculously chocolatey protein treat!
This is a creation of Adrian K's which he dubs 'Protein Fluff' - a mouse-esque desert which combines berries, milk and whey protein. Blend it all up together until it becomes a smooth and thick, leave to set in the fridge and enjoy!
Jacqueline S has famous Banana and Peanut Butter Flapjacks which are a perfect example of how you can smuggle protein into quick snacks, combined with the slow release energy from banana and flax seeds, these flapjacks are perfect before, during or after a workout! Give them a try and post your photos in the Cooking and recipes swap Tribe.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S