Recommended Reading: Motivation and avoiding procrastination
A lack of motivation and a tendency to procrastinate are something we have all been guilty of at some point in our lives, and both of these will stop you from getting your stuff done that you need to do.
Procrastination and a lack of motivation not only have a negative impact on your fitness if you don’t get off the sofa to go and work out, but these behaviours can also have a detrimental effect on your productivity and mental health in the other aspects of your life. Whether it’s creating a fully colour-coded 6 week exercise plan which you spend more time making than actually following, or finding a thousand tasks to do rather than just putting on your sportswear and heading out the door, there are many ways that procrastination can stop you achieving your goals.
Learn how to avoid procrastination and stay motivated in fitness and life to keep you on the right track to success!
- The best anti-procrastination tip ever, a very interesting read on Zen Habits:
"Identify the most important thing you have to do today. Decide to do just the first little part of it — just the first minute, or even 30 seconds of it. Getting started is the only thing in the world that matters."
- If you have trouble getting up and moving these 30 exercise motivation tips from Built Lean will help you out - from working with a partner to having a playlist ready to go, these tips will help you find your motivation.
- Is your main obstacle to training that you don’t like exercising? Lifehacker explores why you hate exercise and what you can do about it:
"Finding the routine that works for you is also about accepting where you are physically. For example, if you were an expert track and field runner in high school, you'll likely be disappointed in yourself when you hit the road again as an adult and can't make it a mile. Instead, find another sport you're interested in that's a little less intense and start there."
- Pick the brain has identified 3 main causes for losing motivation and have written an excellent article on How to motivate yourself.
- These 13 excuses for not exercising and reasons why they won’t fly aren’t just exclusive to Yoga, that's right, Ashley Josephine has been kind enough to supply you with all the reasons why your excuse just isn't as good as exercise!
So why are you still reading? Quit procrastinating and GO WORKOUT!!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S