Run For Boston
The scenes at the Boston Marathon yesterday have shaken the running community across the world.
The tragedy has been marked with acts of heroism from members of the public, fire department and police force in Boston have been credits to the nation, complete strangers putting themselves in danger to help others in need. In a statement, President Obama is quoted saying:
Boston police, firefighters, and first responders as well as the National Guard responded heroically, and continue to do so as we speak. It's a reminder that so many Americans serve and sacrifice on our behalf every single day, without regard to their own safety, in dangerous and difficult circumstances. And we salute all those who assisted in responding so quickly and professionally to this tragedy.
The messages of support shown to all of those affected by the results of the events at yesterday's marathon have been overwhelming. As sports people, we all know that running a marathon shows character, it takes massive commitment and is, above all, about achievement and camaraderie.
In tribute to all of those effected, we invite you to take the In Honor of the Boston Marathon Challenge and pledge your run and a message of support to Boston.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S