Run in the rain
It's not just the UK that's been experiencing the usual April showers this week; the east coast of the USA has had showers all week, Amsterdam has been dampened and New Zealand was due a massive rainfall and gail force winds across both islands!
So what shall we do? Curl up indoors playing Monopoly in a blanky? I don't think so!
Challenge time: Go Running in the Rain
When the rest of the world is running for cover Tribesports is running for fun - I absolutely love the rain and there's nothing better than a to go for a run in it!
This is a great Challenge, especially if you're in training for a specific event - you want to be prepared for any weather conditions so you don't have any surprises on the day of your race.
Try and avoid going straight through the puddles - wet feet are ok but avoid getting them soaked!
Keeping your torso dry can make all the difference on longer runs so check out some of our recommended running jackets:
Nike Lady Storn Fly Waterproof Running Jacket - reflective, waterproof and warm for the ladies
Gore Running Wear MYTHOS GT Jacket aw11 - Gore-tex breathable waterproof for men available in fluorescent colours for extra visibility, more expensive but long lasting a hard wearing
Good luck wishes go out to our User of the Week Angelica B who is running her first organised event today in a rather soggy Sweden! So what are you waiting for? Get out there in the rain and enjoy your weekend!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S