StoopidTall is a 14.5 foot tall bike ridden by Richie Trimble at CicLAvia last weekend. Check out this awesome rider's-view video which shows some of the epic views along Venice Beach and some nail-biting moments attempting traffic light trackstands from 14.5 ft:
"It’s not a daily commuter. It’s not a weekend bike. It’s a special event bike and you need a support crew to work with." - Richie Trimble
Last Sunday, around 150,000 cyclists took to the streets of LA in what was the 6th CicLAvia event to be hosted in the city. The event is designed to encourage non-car traffic usage across the city; CicLAvia temporarily removes cars from L.A. streets - and the streets fill up with smiles!
The Huffy beach cruiser frame of StoopidTall has had a few minor modification:
- 32.5ft of chain drive the single speed bike
- Unlike tradition tall bikes which weld together multiple bike frames, StoopidTall only used one bike frame
- 26" single speed coaster brake wheelset - this means that StoopidTall can move in free wheel (so not a fixie) but speed can be controlled through back pedaling
If you're in the L.A. area, keep an eye out for CicLAvia events in the future - the next one will be hosted on 26th June with more events planned in the year. Get your bike out and join the cycle revolution - you may even notice Richie about, he's pretty hard to miss!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S