The Food Exchange: swap in healthier carbs
Guilty food treats are often the downfall of hard-training, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Here are some top food exchanges from Tribesporters and sports bloggers alike:
Carbs are a necessary part of your diet, especially if you need energy for working out - but if you over do it then excess energy can be very easily stored as fat. If you are craving carbs, there are some simple choices you can make to make sure you're getting high fibre options:
Breakfast choices: Gilberto G chooses to dodge the bagels in favour for oatmeal to start his day! Oatmeal is packed with soluble fibre which keeps you full for longer, is a great source of vitamins B1, B2 and E, as well as minerals iron and zinc.
Unlike it's white counter-partner, brown rice has been shown to decrease risk of type 2 diabetes, improve blood pressure and generally fills you up!
Make sure you're making the healthier choice when eating rice ad take the Challenge to Substitute your rice.
Snacks and treats: Emily S battles with bouts of chocoholism:
I am always trying to cut out chocolate! I have a huge sweet tooth, so cutting back on sweets is the hardest thing for me. When I go through my "no chocolate" phases and still want something a little sweet, I have dates with almond butter, frozen grapes, or raisins. I find this satisfies my craving, but in a healthier way.
Frozen grapes? Well worth a try as a new way to smash that sugar craving!
So what are your healthy swaps? Share them here!
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S