The Tough Mudder for a Tough Mother
The Tough Mudder (love the name); I’ve been hearing about it for more than a year. Some friends did it at Mt. Snow in Vermont last May and have talked me into being on a team. Yeah OK, why did I do this? I want to see how tough I am, really. It’s a crazy obstacle filled 10 mile course with mud, electricity, monkey bars, cold water, and extreme terrain. Surely you’ve heard of this, it’s all over the news. Tough Mudder is a phenomenon; it’s become global and is one of the fastest growing businesses in the world.
A few months ago I saw that James G had made a tribe Tough Mudder Endurance Training, now there are also two Challenges and several members of our community are committing to the event itself. I decided to ask a few of them the “tough” questions – like why are you doing this? And what are you scared of? James G was happy to give me five minutes of his time and wrote me that the no-excuses attitude of the Tough Mudder was appealing as well as the camaraderie; he likes the synergy between Tribesports and the Mudder. James also shared that the he is particularly looking forward to the 10,000 volts of dangling electrical wires and the arctic enema (lovely name for a course challenge). I didn’t really get the sense he was afraid of much and the ooh-rah at the end of his email confirmed it.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S