Tribesports activity feeds just got rolled up!
Posted by Steve R on 22 August 2011 at 10:19 AM
We've been getting some great feedback from our early beta testers - and we listen! Users are really getting into the site, adding dozens of (hundreds in some cases) challenges or achievements at a time - browsing tribes, and joining all the ones that look interesting to them and relate to their passions. Which is great!
However it does mean that if you follow a good few people, and someone has a burst of activity on the site, your activity feed gets dominated by that person, and also maybe a lot of the same kind of update from that person. Interesting, but variety is the spice of life! So. We've implemented roll up of activity feed items!
Our release this morning included some good speed improvements to your http://tribesports.com/home dashboard page - but the biggest improvement is that you will now see a "and 5 other XYZ [+]" next to some activity items from users - if you click on the link [+] the other related items will expand - you can still encourage, comment on them - do all the usual stuff - but now we hope your activity feed won't get so clogged up you lose updates from other people you're following. We'll style it better over time.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S