Vinyasa Yoga Sequence: relieve stress and tension
Behind the jovial parties and family reunions, Christmas time can really stress you out! Christmas shopping, finishing work, seeing that aunty, things can get a little overwhelming.
That's why we're turning to Vinyasa Yoga this week to help relieve our body's tension and our mind's stress.
This sequence is designed to increase your flexibility and strength, as well as working to de-stress and relax the body with a focus on breathing and breath count; 10-20 breaths for each pose. If you are unfamiliar with the poses, never fear! Here are full guides on the benefits, technique and ways to modify each posture to suit your level of fitness:
- Downward facing dog pose
- Tree pose
- One-legged hip opener pose
- Fan pose
- Half lord of the fishes pose
- Full lord of the fishes pose
- One legged king pigeon pose
Movement between postures should be smooth and flowing, breathe slow and deep using each breath to expell the stresses of your day. Namaste.
Lisa (Mc Alister) P, Alan C and 27 othersLisa (Mc Alister) P, Alan C, Ratnesh V, Susan S, Adrian K, Peter M, Bruce F, Carol V, Anda M, Carol P, Mike B, Alan C, Darragh F, Lars C, Ann G, Jennifer P, Mike S, Andy D, Lauren Ashley A, Warren K, Shareef G, Peter C, Yan Wei K, Elaine K, Ptan;8} *, Cheeta L, Charlie B, Milissa F and Alina R encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S