Week 21: User of the week: @barry
Posted by Steve R on 29 May 2011 at 4:31 PM
Introduce yourself to the crowd, @barrybridges:
I’m a 28 year old sports-mad golfer, cyclist and runner – though I’m struggling to find time for any of them as I’m in the midst of planning our wedding later this summer. Golf is my main sport which I play roughly 3 times a week, fitting in the gym and cycling around that when the weather is good (being the fair-weather sportsman that I am!) Aims for the year including getting down to a single figure golf handicap and getting down to a BMI of 22 from 24.5.
What achievements are you most proud of?
Completing 3 marathons (London twice plus Brighton) and finishing the Marmotte (endurance cycling event in the Alps) a few years back. See Barry's achievements page here.
Share one piece of advice...
Tribesports has opened my eyes to sports outside of my usual ‘comfort zone’. I’ve never tried scuba before but I’ve been pushed (actually shoved) into learning to dive before I get married later this year. So, I’ve found the ‘Beginners Scuba divers’ tribe really helpful and there has been lots of good advice from Laura N there. So my advice - explore and try something new!
Follow me on the site and say hello,
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S