"Well the weather outside is frightful": Not if you follow our 5 tips on getting active in the snow!
5 Tips to keep you running in the white stuff and remember that Snow is Fun:
1. Light Feet: When running on snow you should be light on your feet, running on your toes so if you do slip you're far less likely to completely stack it.
3. Grass and Trails not Pavements: Through excessive use pavements will come icey very quickly - to avoid this aim to run on grassy areas or trails, it will also be lighter impact on your feet.
4. Wrap up Warm: Great tips can be found on the Winter Runners Tribe as to what works for different people.
5. High Vis - Stay Safe: If you're out in an urban area just be aware that other road users will also be effected by the snow, stay visible and safe by giving extra precaution when it comes to motorists.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S