Who will be the First Nation Home?
Posted by Tribesports A on 10 January 2012 at 3:56 PM
Tribesports is working with Sport Relief to promote the First Nation Home Challenge - a 1000 mile race across the UK and Ireland which will see all four home nations represented by a number of sports and television personalities (with each team being led by a notable captain). England is being skippered by Josh Lewsey, Ireland by Craig Doyle (don’t get too worried though Ireland, you’ve also got Commonwealth medallist Joe Barr on your side), Scotland is led by rugby player-turned-TV-presenter Thom Evans and Wales will be captained by Blue Peter’s Gethin Jones.
You too can get involved with the Challenge by becoming one of the 1000 members of the public to run the final 6 miles of the race for your nation! We’re giving away 5 places per nation to run alongside the celebrities for the last 10k of their circumvention around Britain (you also get limited edition Adidas running kit in your national colours, to boot).
In preparation for this challenge (and because your time will go towards the success of your nation) now's the time to look into improving your 5k and 10k performances with encouragement from some of our members. Don't forget to share your times on your profile for an added bit of kudos.
And if running's not your thing, Cameron Mather's set a sweet little rowing challenge for you to take instead. So, no complaining.
Keep challenging yourself.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S