Why Tribesports Performance wear says NO to PROs
Posted by Cags R on 10 August 2013 at 11:00 PM
In our survey, which we put to over 1300 Tribesports members, 71% of you feel forced to make a choice between quality and price when buying sportswear. But it doesn't have to be that way.
"As an athlete, I want high quality; as a student, a need low prices. I try to meet somewhere in the middle." - Brett B
Tribesports Performance wear is built on a model which puts real sportspeople first - there is a way to make top-quality sportswear at an affordable price, you just need to strip out the inefficiencies of the traditional sportswear retail model:
So why do Tribesports say NO to Pro Endorsement?
In a quick quiz, we asked how much our users believed Nike paid Maria Sharapova, Puma paid Usain Bolt, and Adidas paid Derrick Rose. A staggering 80% of you guys under-estimate just how much pros get paid by leading sports brands.
- Nike reportedly pay Maria Sharapova $9 million a year
- Puma reportedly match this for their deal with Usain Bolt - another $9 million per year
- Adidas reportedly spend $20 million on Derrick Rose every year
"Why can't it just be a good enough product that you don't have to have a celebrity say it is I sometimes have doubts about celebrity endorsed products as to whether they are really good or they just have enough money to pay them to say it is." - Selena S
And now for the really interesting question:
86.5% of our sample group said that pro endorsement either had no effect or would make them less likely to purchase the endorsed product.
"If I know someone (either in person or through Tribesports) I can ask them about the items use and function. Pros endorse sportswear because it pays, not because they love it through use." - Brandon G
So it was a pretty simple decision; we figured we would save millions of dollars on pro endorsement deals and just give you the best quality sportswear at 40% off!
Help us spread the word about the world's first community-powered sportswear range! Please pledge on Kickstarter and share our vision to your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S