Your Sunday Best: how will you celebrate yours?
This Sunday set yourself the Challenge of a new PB. Whatever your discipline see if you can beat your current record or set a new one in a different distance or sport.
This can be anything from a new PB on a marathon distance to your longest ever plank, just make this Sunday count!
So what do you do when you know you've just smashed your previous record?
There are many different ways people acknowledge their achievement but here are my 5 favourites:
1. The Nod - the humble athlete turns to the scoreboard and seeing they've just made a new PB, rather than causing a scene, this athlete chooses the self-content nod.
2. The Fist - a favourite of tennis players, the fist celebrates the achievement which the inarticulate athlete cannot put into words.
3. The Whooper - again words escape this celebration but mindless sound does not; the whooper can often be mistaken for a large group of female friends who haven't seen each other in a while.
4. The Show-off - a pre-determined action to celebrate; popular with footballers and Usain Bolt, the Show-off actually requires a lot of determination to keep your cool and bust your move.
5. The Happy Dance - my all-time favourite and go-to move for any sporting celebration, the Happy Dance is undignified, garish and very violent. Other athletes cower beside it's awesomeness and fear the thrashing limbs which are so malcoordinated that it seems ridiculous that this athlete has just won!
So how do you celebrate when you set a new PB? Share your celebrations here!
Jack A encouraged this.
- The Top Tribesports Workouts
- Should men wear shorts over their running tights?
- TRIBESPORTS TEAMS UP WITH PARKRUN
- Take the Jantastic New Year Challenge!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S