Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Guest Blog: Tough times never last...

When injury strikes it can be devasting to an athlete, no one knows this better than Sinead Kennedy - psysiotherapist, triathlete, pilates instructor and blogger! Here's her experience from when injury took her out of the game:

Things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they are right.That includes injury!!

I recently found out the hard way, that over-training leads to fatigue, which leads to accidents. In my case a broken leg in an Adventure Race in April. I can blame the weath...

Posted by Sinead Kennedy of Sinead Kennedy under Running, General on 30 August 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Candida B

First off, you've got an amazing catalogue of marathons under your belt, which has been your favourite?

I have only ever run marathons in Oz or NZ. So I have to say my favourite  is Auckland Marathon. The first half is hilly and the second half is flat  along the beach front -  a nice mix . Besides, Darth Vadar and 2 of his Storm Troopers seem to frequent this marathon year in year out...however it never looked as though "The Force" was still with them much at the finish! Respect!

Where d...

Posted by Candida B under Marathon Running, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Nutrition on 29 August 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Paralympics begin: keep going for your continent

Have you felt a total lack of sport on your tv in the last 2 weeks? Well thank goodness that it is time for the Games 2.0: Meet the Superhumans.

As you know, we love to celebrate those who ovecome diversity - quite frankly the Paralympics is the biggest celebration of overcoming obstacles in the sporting world.

The Paralympics 2012 has arrived and we're ready to show our support and our own efforts by continuing the amazing efforts and staying power of the Tribesports community shown around...

Posted by Cags R under Running, Cycling, Swimming on 28 August 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

How to start minimalist running

Minimalist running - which is now being firmly distinguished as separate from barefoot running ('barefoot shoes' never really made much sense!) - is becoming more and more mainstream in the sporting world. Minimalist shoes are now found in high street sports shops rather than niche corners of the internet!

Personally I made the change in stages before I even knew there was a diffrent type of shoe. Never having any kind of brand loyalty I have switched form one shoe to another all my life. Wh...

Posted by Cags R under Running on 27 August 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts