Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Monday Inspiration: Gaina C battles Spina Bifida

2012 was made a little more special when we received this Tweet to the Tribesports Twitter account:

Gaina C Tweet to Tribesports

Pride doesn't even begin to cover how we feel towards Gaina's achievement! As one of our main ambassadors for Parasports on Tribesports, we've caught up with Gaina to find out more about her. Gaina suffers from a condition called Spina Bifida is a congenital birth defect which Gaina has had her whole life. A wheelchair has always featured as an aid to everyday living - somedays more than other...

Posted by Cags R under Paralympics, General on 31 December 2012 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Tribesports Annual review

2012 has been massive for Tribesports, not only did we complete thousands of Challenges (435,724 to be precise!), share tons of advice and log a ridiculous amount of exercise, we also released the iPhone and Android apps so you can have Tribesports in your pocket! Let's take a look at the annual review and see what we've all achieved in this year!

You are a force to be reckoned with

To start off, which Challenges have been the most active this year? The top 3 Challenges which had the most sharing, updates and advice sharing...

Posted by Cags R under General on 30 December 2012 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Benefits of cold water swimming

Cold water swimming is an unique exercise which is often regarded as a mental challenge as well as a physical one.

For a start, us warm-blooded mammals tend to avoid activities which require us to burn lots of energy to stay warm. The challenge of the cold tests your mental will power as well as your physical limits. One of the benefits of cold water swimming is that it is a great fat burner, one Serpentine swimmer had this to say about it:

Serpentine Swimmers Peter Pan CupOnce you get out, you feel like you have shed ha...

Posted by Rose K under Swimming on 29 December 2012 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Tribesports Tries BMX

The Tribesports team are no strangers to cycling - we've taken on loads of Challenges this year from long distance road biking to velodrome cycling, we feel pretty confident in the saddle. This month, we took on an entirely different genre of cycling - BMX.

Try BMX Riding

Our instructors James S and Andy works with Sustrans which is a UK charity all about smarter travel options - enabling people to travel by foot, bike or public transport for more of the journeys we make every day.

The first thing James...

Posted by Cags R under BMX on 28 December 2012 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Eunice Y

Eunice Y profile pictureWhat has been your toughest Tribesports Challenge to date?

My toughest challenge have to be the One hundred push-ups I’m proud to do 50 push-ups in a row NOW!! I'm working on developing to one hundred push-ups! Before I joined Tribesports, I couldn't do a single push up. I've never had a great core. I start to shudder and shake and down I go. I hate how weak it makes me feel even though I am totally capable in other capacities!

I have been over my comfort zone since I started this journey w...

Posted by Eunice Y under Spinning, Fitness & Training, Running on 27 December 2012 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts