Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Product Vote Results!!

The time has come to meet the new items to join the Tribesports Performance Range! After thousands of votes on the new products for the men's and women's range, it's time to reveal the winners!

Product Vote Results

With an incredible 52% of the women's vote, we're now in the process of developing the very first Full Support Sports Bra for the range. The sports bra absolutely ran away with the vote, but here's a breakdown of how the rest of the vote went:

• Performance hoody took second place with 26%
  • Perfo...

Posted by Cags R on 28 February 2014 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Smithy

London Marathon SmithyWhich Tribesports Challenge has been your toughest and which are you most proud of? 

Tribesports is full of great Challenges and one of the toughest for me was run a marathon under 4 hours. I’m not really a natural runner and have only run 1 marathon (London) and due to a knee injury, I had to defer my place for 12 months. This meant over 18 months of training. However, completing it in 3hours 45mins made it even more of an achievement. It also inspired me to take up Triathlon again after a...

Posted by Smithy . under Cycling, Triathlon on 27 February 2014 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Men In Tights - YES, Men shaving... you decide!

The votes are in from Friday's great-tights-debate, and the numbers speak for themselves: 94.6% of voters say YES to Men In Tights!

Men in Tights

So what's next on the debate sheet... ah yes, the great dilemma for every budding triathlete, cyclist and swimmer: To Shave or Not To Shave?

As the weather begins to warm up and dry out (or at least we hope it will!), soon tights will be put away for the summer season where shorts will dominate the sporting scene. But will you be going out there with freshly...

Posted by Cags R under Cycling, Swimming on 26 February 2014 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Climbing and Bouldering Technique: All in your legs?

Climbing and bouldering are sports like no other; combining physical strength, flexibility and problem solving to create a sport which requires patience, endurance and pig-headed determinedness to not give in!

Your typical climber will tell you that climbing is all in the legs - the less you use your arms, the better. This is one reason those who claim to have "no upper body strength" can pick up good basic climbing technique by learning to rely on their legs rather than their arms - but at...

Posted by Cags R under Climbing, Bouldering on 25 February 2014 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Safety Reflective Strips: the simplest way to be seen when training at night

Being seen when training in the dark is an essential safety precaution for all sportspeople, but it's surprising how many people don't 'don-the-fluoro' at night.

running at sundownTaking the plunge and going all-out on your visibility at night can be a deterrant to training in the dark - fluorescent jackets can be costly or cheaper vest alternatives may be uncomfortable to train in. Cycling and road running in particular come with added risks when training at night, but with dark evenings to contend with, tra...

Posted by Cags R under Running, Cycling on 24 February 2014 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts