Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Tribesports User of the Week: Angela R

Angela R profileWhich Tribesports Challenge is next on your hit list?

It might just be a surprise to me.  I usually go on the website and start scrolling through the Challenges, taking whatever seems interesting at the time!  I have a bad habit of taking tonnes of Challenges that will take me forever to get through, but I keep taking more and more.

Which Challenge were you most relieved to finally click Complete on?

I can't think of any specific ones, but the month-long challenges or the ones that I have...

Posted by Angela R under Hiking, Skiing, Fitness & Training on 31 January 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Parkour Generations Shock Absorber Workout

The awesome team from Parkour Generations have put together this workout for you! This one is all about controlled falls and landings and will teach you the basics of safe free running.

The Shock Absorber workout is the first parkour workout in a series which will take you through the physical conditioning required to become a parkour practitioner.

This workout also uses common body weight exercises in new ways to build strength so you can maintain momentum and flow in your movement seque...

Posted by Cags R under Parkour on 30 January 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Blogger Spotlight: How Many Miles

Stephen M profileTop sporting achievement:

It has to be completing my first Half Marathon. Didn’t break any land speed records, but given I have only been running (or doing anything really) for under a year and couldn’t mobilise unaided for several years as a child, it is my proudest moment, although completing Tough Mudder and the Spartan Beast were also highlights that I’ll never forget (unless the electric shocks do anything to my long term memory).

Goals for the year ahead:

I turned 40 this month and w...

Posted by Stephen M of How many miles under Adventure Racing, Running on 29 January 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Monday Inspiration: Burpee half-marathon

Big events are always a good way to fund raise for worthy causes - sometimes we have to get creative if we want to raise the big money for our chosen charity.

Ash Cox burpee half marathonEnter Ash Cox - this military man is putting his training to the test as he attempts to do the Plymouth half marathon in Burpees! The attempt will add up to a massive 35-40,000 Burpees in total and Ash will be starting the Plymouth half marathon 24 hours before his running competitors cross the start line.

We caught up with Ash to fin...

Posted by Cags R under Fitness & Training on 28 January 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

2013 Swimming Challenge Series

In terms of low impact cardio workouts, you can't beat a good swim! Swimming is an awesome sport, from sprint distances in the pool to open water long distance which is growing ever more popular.

One of our top users Baldy John has set up a series of Challenges to get you swiming in 2013, they range from 50km to 500km and many milestones in between! If you save your swimming for the beach and holidays, time to step up the distances and include it more into your exercise and training routine...

Posted by Cags R under Swimming on 27 January 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts