Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

3 reasons to keep off soda for 1 month

With August just around the corner, we figured it was time to set you a monthly Challenge to keep you eating clean!Can you stay off the soda for 4 weeks?

Need convincing? Here are 3 reasons to keep off the soda for a month (and beyond):

1. Sugar content - it's no secret that soda's a sweet treat - but with some cans supplying over 40g of sugar, you can easily overshoot your recommended daily allowance from having a can at lunch and one at dinner! 

2. Your pearly whites - ever asked a dentist if they want a sip of your soda? The...

Posted by Cags R under Nutrition on 31 July 2013 at 3:00 PM • Read more »

Endurance Athletes: how to prepare for the ultimate challenges

“Only those that will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go”

T.S Eliot

James Saward-Anderson

My name is James Saward-Anderson and I am a 22 year old Ultra Endurance Athlete who undertakes epic endurance events in the name of charity and personal growth. To date I have ran from England to Rome in 58 days and completed various other trials. I am very excited to be able to share the details of my training programme via Tribesport for my next event due to take place in September in which...

Posted by James Saward-Anderson of James Saward-Anderson under Running, Ultrarunning on 29 July 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Finding Vigor in Your Vertical Jump: A Brief Guide to Flying High

Anthony Mychal

Rubber bands. Bulldozers. What do they have in common? They’re both ways to conceptualize each end of the vertical jump spectrum. Knowing where you lie within the spectrum is the first step to improving your vertical jump.

One on end, there are elastic properties of the musculotendon complex. This is the rubber band. Fast. Quick. Yet, all things considered, relatively low when it comes to force. A rubber band isn’t going to break down a brick wall. 

On the other end, there are frictional...

Posted by Anthony Mychal of Anthony Mychal under Fitness & Training on 28 July 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

CrossFit Workout - Tribesports first time!

We're not afraid to try a new sport here in the Tribesports office, so when we were offered the chance to go to CrossFit Hackney, we couldn't say no.

CrossFit HackneyFor those of you who haven't heard of CrossFit, #1 - where have you been? and #2 no, seriously, it's everywhere - where have you been?!!

The basic principle is simple; CrossFit wants to make you "Fitter, Faster, Stronger and Leaner."  - and to achieve this, they use a cross between high intensity interval training, strength & conditioning meth...

Posted by Cags R under Fitness & Training on 27 July 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Treat yourself with healthy (well healthier) chocolate desserts!

It's amazing how many eat-clean, train hard, never give-up athletes can be stopped in their tracks by a decent slice of chocolate dessert!

That's why we've asked some of the Tribesports bloggers to put together some of their healthier dessert options which don't leave out the cocoa - and as always, they've delivered some pretty delicious treats. These are easy to make and lower calories than your usual dessert options.

1. Cocoa Oat Truffles 
    Cocoa Oat Truffles

These are really easy to make and have a smooth melt...

Posted by Cags R under Nutrition on 26 July 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts