Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Music Festival Fitness

Music festivals aren't renowned for enhancing your fitness and it's easy to go away for the long weekend with an attitude of having a fitness-free 4 days. 

This is especially emphasized when your friends who you go to music festivals with are a totally different crowd to your fitness friends - in this group, you are considered the 'sporty-one' and, at times, they ban you from talking about sport at all! That's why we've put together the festival Challenge: sneak some exercise into your music...

Posted by Cags R under General, Fitness & Training on 29 June 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tour de Tribesports: Let the racing begin

And they're off! Today is the first day of the most competitive cycling competition known to man - no, not that jaunt around the Alps, we're talking about the girls vs. boys, winner takes all, Tour de Tribesports.

The starting pistol has been fired so it's time to get on your bike and start logging those kilometers!

Tour de Tribesports

Looking for a little extra motivation to get on your bike? Well how's about our massive give-aways over the next 3 weeks?

What's up for grabs? We have some awesome prizes to...

Posted by Cags R under Cycling on 28 June 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Vertical Jump part I: The component of a vertical jump

Anthony Mychal "There’s a reason one of Michael Jordan’s most infamous dunks is when he took off from the foul line. And that reason is that there simply isn’t anything quite like flying high. The illusion of being suspended in mid-air is a graceful display of neuromuscular coordination, strength, and power. No matter what you’re doing - jumping, flipping, dunking - higher is better."

But how do you realize your potential? Vertical jump programs are aplenty, no doubt. Sadly, most of them are nothing more t...

Posted by Anthony M of Anthony Mychal under Fitness & Training on 27 June 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Kirstin M

Pole dancing outdoors!Which has been your toughest Tribesports Challenge and which are you most proud of?

Accomplished - Side plank and plank, both full body workouts, sounds simple, they kill you every time you do them, but boy do they work!  Still getting my fitness back from last year and I'll know when I'm there when these are a caker again.

Not accomplished - Close your eyes and balance on one leg for [insert unreachable time]absolutely nae chunce!  I’ve tried standing in the corner of the room, I’ve tri...

Posted by Kirstin M under Pole Dance, Scuba Diving, Fitness & Training on 26 June 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tour de Tribesports: Riders at the ready!

Have you heard that the biggest cycling event of the year starts this Saturday? No, not that little cycle ride around France, we're talking about the Tour de Tribesports!

Tour de Tribesports poster

2 teams, 3 weeks, who will win?

It's a girls vs. boys race - over the 3 weeks of the Tour de Tribesports, each team must log all their cycling kilometers, the team with the most accumulated kilometers cycled is the winner. Each team member who completes the Challenge will receive one shiny yellow cycling medal, along wit...

Posted by Cags R under Cycling on 25 June 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts