Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Introduction to Bikram Yoga

Last week we heard from Gillian Gorman in an interview where she gave out some great advice about Yoga For Runners. Curious to find out more, I wanted to check other systems of yoga and my first port of call was Bikram Yoga.

Inspired to try out a new Challenge I decided to go and have a look at the Hot Bikram Yoga studios to meet with Olga Allon the studio director. I asked what were her top 5 reasons for choosing the Bikram practice:

1. Bikram Yoga is accessible to everyone.  Whatever age, s...

Posted by Cags R under Yoga on 30 March 2012 at 6:20 AM • Read more »

Tribesports - What we do

We're going to make a bold statement. We believe that Tribesports will make you do more sports.

Whether you're a novice or a pro, we think seeing your friends sports activity, and sharing yours will make you want to be more active and do more sports.

We think that you are probably sportier than you think you are, and maybe just sometimes you need that nudge to get out there to exercise.

Some of the reasons we think by using Tribesports, you'll do more sports:

• Seeing your friends' sports a...

Posted by Steve R on 29 March 2012 at 5:12 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: @lovejoy

David L you are User of the Week!

An astonishing rise into the top 20 and smashing into the top 10 today, @lovejoy is one of our fastest leader board climbers ever.

What attracted you to Tribesports?

I had been bouncing from site to site recently, trying to find that right mix of function and  interaction.  There are sites that do one or the other well, but this is the first that has such a solid mix of both.  The international flavour of it did not hurt, either.

You’re goal for the yea...

Posted by David L on 29 March 2012 at 11:19 AM • Read more »

Triathlon Tips from Ali of Empire Triathlon Club

Alison Kreideweis is a Co-Founder and Coach of the Empire Tri Club. She is a USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coach, NASM Certified Personal Trainer, USATF Certified Level 1 Track & Field Coach, and Mad Dogg & Schwinn Certified Indoor Cycling Instructor. Alison completed her first triathlon more than 10 years ago, and began racing competitively in 2007 when she placed 3rd in her first half ironman. Her most recent accomplishments include the Escape from Alcatraz, Ironman Lake Placid, and a top 5 AG f...

Posted by Alison K on 27 March 2012 at 8:08 AM • Read more »

Cape Epic Day 1

Day 1 - the Prologue 

27kms, 900m of climbing

The Prologue marks the first day of Cape Epic and is used to seed us for Stage 1 of the main part of the race.  With 600 teams taking part, all of varying standards from professional to complete novice, it's important to get the fast guys at the front and the slow coaches at the rear.

Our start time today was 8:28 and with us being Team Number 373, we were unsurprisingly the 373rd team to start. James and I were doing all the classic pre-race t...

Posted by Tobias M under Cycling on 26 March 2012 at 8:51 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts