Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

35g of protein in different food sources

Protein is needed in our bodies for growth and repair, it helps us recover from injury and from muscle exertion that we will experience in exercise. 

Protein powderThe daily recommendation for a sedentary person is around 46g of protein for women and 56g of protein for men. The sources of protein in the average person's diet will come from meat, poultry, fish, dairy, dark green leafy vegetables, beans and lentils. But how do you know how much protein you should be eating and where to get it?

First off, l...

Posted by Cags R under Nutrition on 31 March 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

How to approach your recovery from a long term injury

Sustaining a long term injury is an incredibly frustrating, down heartening and negative experience. How you react to such a setback will have a direct impact on both your experience during recovery and the extent to which you recover long term. 

It's every sportspersons worst nightmare; A long term injury. You've been training hard, you're approaching your peak and then all of a sudden it's all taken away from you in an instant. No more training, no more competing, no more of the sport yo...

Posted by Neil B under Fitness & Training, Football (Soccer), Tennis, Running, Cycling on 30 March 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Stronger, Fitter, Leaner. Week 4: The Results

After 4 weeks of training to become stronger, fitter and leaner, Dan Moss has made some awesome progress. Unlike some other 'transformations' out there, this 4 week program was designed to set Dan up for a more active lifestyle for life. The results we see here are realistic, sustainable and most importantly, a healthy progression for a 4 week program!

Dan Moss Stronger Fitter Leaner project results

Here's the last episode of Dan's Stronger Fitter Leaner journey where he'll show you what he's been eating and those all important health g...

Posted by Adrian K under Nutrition, Pilates, Weight Training (Strength Training) on 29 March 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Alan C

Alan C profileYour skydiving profile picture is epic, what's the story?

I have been in the Royal Navy for 37 years and for my last job they have sent me on exchange to the Royal Australian Navy for 3 years .  As if that wasn't lucky enough the RAN regularly require me to travel to other exotic places, so last year I was sent to Hawaii  for 6 weeks and was in charge of a small team of Navy personnel. We were going to be working long hours including shift work, but once there the circumstances changed and w...

Posted by Alan C under Dragon Boat Racing, Triathlon, Surfing on 28 March 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Brick Workouts for triathlon and duathlon training

Training for a triathlon or a duathlon? One of the most important skills to learn is a fast transition time getting from your bike onto your run. This is why brick workouts are so important.

Brick Workout
The difference between running and cycling in terms of muscle action means that triathletes and duathletes can experience heaviness in their legs when they begin to run immediately after cycling.

Check out this guide on Different muscle action when running and cycling to find out why your legs will feel...

Posted by Cags R under Triathlon on 27 March 2013 at 12:00 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts