Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Tribesports User of the Week: Scott F

Scott F you are User of the Week!

Making it into the Tribesports top 10 is a massive Challenge in itself but your accomplishments are truly inspirational. Your bio is incredible, losing 40kg in 3 years must have completely changed your life; how did you do it?

Lost the first 10kg by just eating less, then had a gastric band put in nearly two years ago and that got rid of another 20kg.  This was about when I started running and have lost a further 10kg with about 15kg to go.  I went for a ch...

Posted by Scott F on 30 May 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Triathlon Tuesday: Matt Gunby's Advice and Challenges

Matt Gunby is a British Triathlete currently in training at British Triathlon’s National Performance Centre in Loughborough. Originally competing in the duathlon, Matt transitioned into the Triathlon and is working towards a successful season in his first year on the UK Sport Lottery funded British Triathlon World-Class Programme..

He was kind enough to answer some of our questions, recommending 5 Challenges to improve your performance in the triathlon:

1.Swimming - 400m Time Trial every 6...

Posted by Cags R under Triathlon on 29 May 2012 at 7:00 AM • Read more »

Monday Inspiration: Simon Buckden

Simon Buckden is a retired soldier who suffers from Post-traumatic stress disorder, he's taken on a truly inspirational challenge which requires both physical and mental strength:

My challenge is to run 100 Marathons in 100 weeks to raise awareness of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and fundraise for Help for Heroes.I took on the challenge because I wanted to raise awareness of PTSD and highlight it as a serious and unseen condition. I had also never run a Marathon prior to this challenge!

Posted by Cags R under Marathon Running on 28 May 2012 at 7:35 AM • Read more »

Your Sunday Best: how will you celebrate yours?

This Sunday set yourself the Challenge of a new PB. Whatever your discipline see if you can beat your current record or set a new one in a different distance or sport. 

This can be anything from a new PB on a marathon distance to your longest ever plank, just make this Sunday count!

So what do you do when you know you've just smashed your previous record?
There are many different ways people acknowledge their achievement but here are my 5 favourites:

1. The Nod - the humble athlete turns t...

Posted by Cags R under General on 27 May 2012 at 7:00 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts