Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Get lean with the right tools

Want to get lean? It doesn't happen overnight - real, long-term lifestyle choices are crucial to becoming and staying lean. Marc Perry, founder of BuiltLean, has provided the Lean Tool Box - the 5 key elements of achieving a lean body:

Lean Toolbox Tribesports Builtlean

1) Strength Training - Primary Purpose => Keep Muscle, Lose Only Fat

What Is Strength Training?

Strength training involves lifting weights including anything from barbells, dumbbells, or kettlebells to using bodyweight and resistance bands.  

What Are The...

Posted by Marc Perry of BuiltLean under Nutrition, Weight Training (Strength Training) on 30 May 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Justin B

Justin B profileWhat has been your toughest Tribesports Challenge and which are you most proud of?

The longer term Challenges such as the 200 crunches a day for 14 days have to be some of the toughest Challenges I’ve done, they get really hard towards the end.

The hardest though have to be the standing on one leg with your eyes closed, still can’t even do that for 20 seconds. The Challenge I’m most proud of would be any of the wall squat Challenges I’ve completed, those things kill me.

As one of our most...

Posted by Justin B under Climbing, Caving, Ultrarunning on 29 May 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

COMPETITION: Hello Fresh Recipe Swapping

Recipe swapping is one of the best ways to keep your nutrition fresh and exciting, that's why we're running a competition to get the best new healthy recipes in the Cooking and Recipe Swap Tribe!

Hello Fresh Competition

To get you started with mouth-watering inspirational ideas, Hello Fresh have provided us with 5 of their recipes which endorse simple, scratch cooking with style. Each recipe comes with a step-by-step run through of how to make the dish, so making up these dishes makes even a kitchen-phobe look li...

Posted by Cags R under Nutrition on 28 May 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Golf Swing Video Analysis - Fixing the most common golf swing mistakes

In golf, one of our main goals is to make solid contact with the golf ball and to hit it on our intended line. This may sound simple, but it is one of the hardest tasks in golf. I’ve developed 3 key components to hitting the golf ball solid and straight that will really help you in succeeding on the course.

First, let's take a look at a video analysis comparing @neil_bro 's golf swing to that of the world's number 1 golfer Tiger Woods: 

__VIDEO__

Now let's take a look at the three most c...

Posted by Zach Baron of Zach Baron Golf under Golf on 27 May 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Recommended Reading: Motivation and avoiding procrastination

A lack of motivation and a tendency to procrastinate are something we have all been guilty of at some point in our lives, and both of these will stop you from getting your stuff done that you need to do.  

Colour coded squats ChallengeProcrastination and a lack of motivation not only have a negative impact on your fitness if you don’t get off the sofa to go and work out, but these behaviours can also have a detrimental effect on your productivity and mental health in the other aspects of your life. Whether it’s creating...

Posted by Adrian K under General on 26 May 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts