Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Tribesports User of the Week: Adriano R

adriano profileWhich Tribesports Challenge has been your toughest and which are you most proud of?

12,500 Push Ups in a month has been the toughest and most gratifying challenge.  I started the month with a set plan of  420 push ups a day but quickly realized it would be better to over shoot the number to allow for rest days.  

5 minute Plank was a killer. For a long time I could only get a few seconds past the 2 minute mark till my body wanted to collapse.  

30 days with out chocolate was another tough...

Posted by Adriano R under Hiking, Fitness & Training on 29 May 2014 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Rose K's Marathon des Sables: Part 2

Rose K completed the Marathon des Sables last month, she's not some professional adventurer, she works a full-time job, likes the occasional gin & tonic and hadn't run an organized 5km until 2 years ago.Rose running MdS

Not everyone would choose to spend 10 days of their annual leave running through the desert, so we wanted to hear how her adventure went!

Day 1

We had 1km of running then we hit the dunes, the biggest in the world. I read a blog by Al Humphreys saying that you must finish day 1 frustrate...

Posted by Rose K under Ultrarunning on 21 May 2014 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

From first 5km to Marathon des Sables in just 2 years #RunWithMe

Rose K MdS Runner

Rose Kingscote is an old-timer here at Tribesports, since joining in 2012 she discovered running in mass-participation events. Whilst Rose was always sporty, she ran her first official 5km race in 2012 and in just 2 years has now completed the Marathon des Sables, raising over £18,000 for Walking With The Wounded.

We caught up with Rose to find out what made her take on this epic Challenge!

First off, can you outline your running experience before you entered the Marathon des Sables?

In...

Posted by Rose K of Walking With The Wounded under Ultrarunning on 19 May 2014 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Vote on your favorite Tribe Trend Moodboard

Thank you to everyone who contributed to Tribe Trends - your quotes, photos and discussions have all been sent through to the design team who have worked up 4 different moodboards based on your input.

Now it's time for you to vote on which one best represents "Tribe" to you - have your say and influence the new styling of Tribesports Performance Wear:

Tribe Trends

Posted by Cags R on 15 May 2014 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Ann L

Running AnnWhich Tribesports Challenge has been your toughest and which are you most proud of?

My toughest is the 30 Day Squat Challenge - I love 30 Day Challenges because they are long enough to create a commitment but not so long that you feel you will never achieve it, but man, this is a tough one. Once I go beyond 100 squats in a day I start to feel defeated and want to give up.

I’m most proud of Running 1000km in a Year.  I started this goal on Sept 1, 2012 and achieved it Aug 31, 2013 with 1030...

Posted by Ann L under Running, Kayaking on 14 May 2014 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts