Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Location, Location, Location! Tribesports adds location functionality to user profiles!

Tribesports has users in 80+ countries around the world - and a lot of users have been asking if they can add their location to their profile and updates, so that people know where they are posting from, and so that they can find users near them.  Location is key to what we're doing at Tribesports - bringing online interaction offline and vice versa.

We've just released this new feature - where users can now enter their location in their profile settings here or there is a link from your user...

Posted by Steve R on 26 September 2011 at 5:08 PM • Read more »

Congratulations to user, and team member @arnaud - 1,000km run (so far) this year!

I remember when @arnaud first started as an intern, must have been about 14 months ago - he was a fit guy - a climber, but he barely ran.  Arnaud was walking to work about 5k, and I said to him - if it's only 5k, why not run it?  You're welcome to shower (at that point Tribesports was run from my apartment).  And so he did.  And he didn't stop!  Rain or shine, Arnaud got everywhere by running.  An addict was born!

He achieved his first (not organised) marathon as part of running an ultra (!),...

Posted by Steve R on 23 September 2011 at 3:09 PM • Read more »

Tribesports adds sports equipment section to top nav - search 1 million products from 170 retailers

We've had the equipment section a little bit hidden till now, but now we've added it to the top nav so it's easier to access.  A lot of users are having great fun, building out their sports profiles with the equipment that they own and the equipment that they want.  We'll be using that data to help those users as we build our recommendation engine. We currently have over 1 million products from over 170 retailers in the UK - numbers that are growing all the time.  If you find a product that y...

Posted by Steve R on 1 September 2011 at 7:18 AM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts