Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Body Fat Percentages: the difference between men and women

There are some Challenges on Tribesports which are all about getting your body fat percentage below a certain level. This is an excellent measure of health and fitness (and much more accurate than scales such as BMI) but there are certain levels you should not go below: fat is necessary for your body to function.

Men and women's essential fat levels are different; essential fat means the minimum amount of fat that you need to survive.

Men can live at 3% body fat though not comfortably - the...

Posted by Cags R under General on 29 September 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

8 ways to get your fundraising noticed!

The majority of Tribesporters have probably raised money for charity through sport at some point in their lives - whether it's donating an entry fee or getting sponsored by your friends and family. 

There's always that awkward moment in which you ask people for sponsorship money; the unfortunate truth is that once you've caught the fitness bug and love competing, all of your friends suddenly notice an extra strain on their expendable income!

So how can you make your fundraising stand out an...

Posted by Cags R under General on 28 September 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Guest blog: Nia Technique - All of the ahhhh and none of the ow

Jenny Block found herself in a fitness lull, when it came to trying new things there was one which caught her eye - Nia - the new dance sensation which is taking off globally! Jenny's letting us know why Nia has changed her life and why you should give it a try:

The soundtrack to A Chorus Line often plays in my head. “All I ever needed was the music and the mirror and the chance to dance for you.” I’ve always fancied myself a dancer, and I have a few professional gigs under my belt. But, let...

Posted by Jenny Block of One Nia Girl under Dance on 27 September 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Shawn C

What has been your favourite Challenge and which has been your toughest?

My favorite was the Olympic Running Challenge because I liked the team participation working towards a common goal. It seems that everyone put a lot of work into that challenge but the Americas team ended up on top. The toughest challenges to me are the ones that require you to do the activity every day for 30 days. I strongly believe that we all need rest days so our bodies can recover properly. I've also had issues wi...

Posted by Shawn C under Fitness & Training, Running on 26 September 2012 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts