Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

Tribesports Blog

Rss_icon

Age Concerns: are the younger generation less competitive?

Last week, an article by the The Wall Street Journal posed the question: is this the Slowest Generation?

The article addressed 'compete vs.complete' attitude in races and big events (where anyone who finishes is rewarded with a Tshirt, medal and various other race goodies) and placed the blame of this attitude firmly on the shoulders of the younger generation. Races such as Color Run and Tough Mudder came under fire for not timing competitors and thus making the entire run non-competitive (w...

Posted by Cags R under General on 29 September 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Top 5 beginner running Challenge and Workouts

Developing a running routine or taking the first steps to being a 'runner' can seem daunting, with a lot of varying advice out there! 

While I trained for an Ultramarathon using CrossFit, I couldn't have completed it if I didn't already have a basic love of running which I developed like most other people do - by running! Last week, coach Jeff Gaudette wrote an article on 5 tips for adopting a regular running routine - here are 5 Challenges and workouts which will help you put some of those...

Posted by Jack A under Running on 28 September 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

318 Kitesurfers Break the World Record

On Sunday 14th September 318 kitesurfers (including me!) broke a world record for the largest parade of kitesurfers passing through a 1 mile stretch along the south coast of the UK.  We then continued along the coast to attempt an epic 46 mile downwinder for charity!

Priya Record Breaker

After very little sleep we arrived at Hayling Island at 7am to calm and sunny conditions.  I was nervously excited.  Having only kited for one and half years, I was probably one of the least experienced riders out there.  The...

Posted by Priya S under Kitesurfing on 27 September 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Personal Epic Challenges: James Saward-Anderson's latest

James Saward-Anderson has already guest blogged here on Tribesports about his awesome self-made Challenges - check out how he got on when he decided to Row 50km, Run 50km and Climb a block of flats 50 times!

James profileThe deed is done!

My latest challenge, Rowing 50km, Running 50km and then stair climbing 2,600 meters is completed. I managed to do it in 13 hours 56 minutes.  It was a tough day but the results were very rewarding.

The training camp I undertook was one of the toughest of my entire lif...

Posted by James Saward-Anderson of James Saward-Anderson under Rowing, Running on 26 September 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Tribesports User of the Week: Malachy K

Malachy profileWhich has been your toughest Tribesports Challenge and which are you most proud of?

I always seem to have problems sticking with any challenge that lasts for more than a week, maybe I should write it down on a sheet of paper and stick it up next to the bedroom door, so it's the first thing I see in the morning.

Most proud of running a half marathon as my first ever race and trashing my target time by almost 20 minutes.

As a self-confessed hater of running, what is it that draws you to sign...

Posted by Malachy K under Running, Adventure Racing, Fitness & Training on 25 September 2013 at 11:00 PM • Read more »

Archive

Categories

Blog roll

Sport

Recent posts