Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

20160609075858-rio-2016-olympics

Rio 2016 Olympics

The Rio 2016 Olympics will be a spectacular affair. This tribe exists to give everyone a place to discuss all aspects of these summer games. What are you looking forward to most? What are your fears? Any shocks on the card?

Show new updates

Damian B Rio 2016 Olympics Tribe

Contributorgold Damian B Well that was a fun 2 weeks, so nice not to hear all the depressing events going on in the world and to feel proud to be British again after all the unpleasantness of the EU referendum debate. I know it won't last but it was a nice timeout at least. Shame it also means the end of the athletics season but I might be able to squeeze in one last race on the track next week if things go to plan.

You need to be a member of Tribesports to comment.

Join or sign in

Christopher S Rio 2016 Olympics Tribe

Contributorgold Christopher S Some great running last night. Usain strutting his stuff and an awesome run for a new WR in the men's 400m. Puts my puny efforts at the track in perspective.

encouraged this.

20150424190831-chrisjalakai

Yes. Stayed up to watch the 100m final last night and most of the athletics on Sat. Nearly forgot about Mo almost running a 4min mile (4:03 they said) to finish the 10k. Never seen him so knackered at the end of a track race - he only(!) managed a 55sec last lap (I think he targets 51s).

Kevin G encouraged this.

20170817222250-astrang

I didn't stay up last night but did so on Saturday to watch Mo. Amazing performance.

Christopher S and Kevin G encouraged this.

Show 1 earlier comment

Join or sign in

Alan S Rio 2016 Olympics Tribe

Contributorgold Alan S Loving the velodrome action. To me it's like Olympics are finally getting going. Helps that it's one of the only venues with any kind of atmosphere at these games...

Kevin G encouraged this.

20170527135612-smouse

True, the early athletics has been pretty poorly supported from how it looked on day 1.

Kevin G encouraged this.

Join or sign in

Michael H Rio 2016 Olympics Tribe

Contributorgold Michael H Saw this article about the 10,000m also seen some stuff online about the performance & time. Sour grapes from peoplem not there or aren't able to run those times? or is it spot on and a sad but accurate statement of what is going on in athletics right now.

Kevin G encouraged this.

20160504211404-michaelh10

I would imagine now as well with what we know about sports, with all the performance pyschologists, sports nutrition, the scientific sports centres analysing absolutely everythign from pressure on landing, angles of kne, arm etc movement and just how detailed and precise everythign is that performabces right now would be much improved compared top records of the past.

Kevin G encouraged this.

Just heard this on the radio seems 18 of the feild set a PB maybe fast track and ideal conditions as well these things all play factor we can all have the best ever or worst ever day come race time whatever out level.

Kevin G encouraged this.

20170817222250-astrang

World records get beaten although it is a bit 'odd'. It's the 18 PBs that strike me the most. Surely the track isn't short?

Kevin G encouraged this.

Show 2 earlier comments

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Alan S I must say, I'm surprised how little of the Olympics I've seen so far. Other than the end of the two cycle races, it's been next to nothing. Some of it is scheduling of course - South America is always going to be less convenient for a European audience. What about you?

Kevin G and Christopher S encouraged this.

20150424190831-chrisjalakai

I have 8 bbc red button channels in high 200s on Freesat, but like you I've only seen the end of a cycle race. The scheduling is a bummer.

Not seen any at all this time, in a heavy training section so little time. The coverage of 2012 was exceptional as well very easy to see online all different sports and good time wise

Show 3 earlier comments

Join or sign in

I don't think it will be the last one. I suspect NI will stay in UK. Scotland is another matter but I think timing-wise Tokyo 2020 would come round too soon for this Olympics to be the last. Regardless of what happen...

Michael H and Martin N encouraged this.

View older activities »

6 members

• KEVIN
  • Christopher
  • Martin
  • Michael
  • Damian
  • Alan
Invite your friends

Tribe creator

Alan S