Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

20140816151328-rugby-world-cup-2015

Rugby World Cup 2015

Keep up to date with what is going on at the Rugby World Cup 2015.
The Draw and which countries have qualified.
The build up to the Tournament: team and player information, who's in their national team, who's out, what do you think their chances are?
Tickets - which matches are you going to? Are you in The Pack, and what is your role?
The Tournament itself: share facts, stats, match reports and opinions.
Which country will leave as World Champions?

Show new updates

Kevin G Rugby World Cup 2015 Tribe

Contributorgold Kevin G I got diddly squat vs sod all, but not jealous LOL
New Zealand vs Argentina was one of the most popular matches and Ireland vs Italy nope.
Fingers crossed my son might have acquired some, but as he went for semi final and final I won't hold my breath.
Well done RIs, enjoy :))

You need to be a member of Tribesports to comment.

Join or sign in

Ris S Rugby World Cup 2015 Tribe

Contributorgold Ris S Tickets:
England Rugby 2015, the organising committee for Rugby World Cup 2015, can reveal that there was a record level of demand for tickets to next year's tournament. In total 950,000 RWC 2015 tickets were sold in the September general sale.

•Applicants who weren't successful in this phase will get priority when remaining tickets go on sale by the end of November
•Applications for 650,000 tickets received for England v Australia in pool stage
•Applications for 500,000 tickets received for Rugby World Cup 2015 Final
•23 out of 48 matches went to ballot at every price category
•All 48 matches went to ballot at entry price categories
•Highest level of demand for tickets for any Rugby World Cup, with five million tickets applied for in total

Tickets were on general sale between September 12 and September 29, 2014, and England Rugby 2015 received applications for more than five million tickets, leading to demand exceeding supply at every price category for 23 of the 48 matches. Ballots were run earlier this week for matches and price points where demand for tickets exceeded supply, and ballots were held for at least one price category in every one of the 48 matches.

Rugby fans will be notified of the results of their ticket applications on October 25, and payment will be taken from payment cards from October 27. Rugby fans who did not receive tickets in the ballots will receive priority when tickets go back on sale by the end of November. Full details of the November sale, including the dates, will be announced shortly. Demand for tickets was highest for England v Australia, England v Wales, New Zealand v Argentina and Australia v Wales in the pool stages, and for both semi-finals and the Final.

Read more at http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2073303.html?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=record_demand_for_rwc_2015_tickets&utm_content=2014-10-23_2033#vp76bY0QpyTFgDxB.99

Kevin G encouraged this.

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Ris S So Uraguay have taken the 20th and final spot in RWC2015!
They are a particularly hard group too.

20141012212739-image
20130213093641-pronsiasm

Well done to Uraguay Ris, looking at the groups, 2 teams stand out in every group to qualify, but a massive achievement to get to the world cup play offs

Kevin G and Ris S encouraged this.

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Ris S Russia beat Uruguay 22 - 21 on September 27th in the first leg of the Playoff for the last spot in the RWC2015. All still to be decided in the second leg on the 11th October, Uruguay v Russia. Overall winner gets the last spot in Pool A and plays Australia, Fiji, England and Wales.

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Kevin G I went for the New Zealand vs Argentina tickets, they are popular and going to ballot, no surprise there then lol
Fingers crossed

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Ris S Ticket application in yesterday AND probably more interestingly I also had my Try Out for a position as a volunteer in The Pack yesterday in Gloucester.
There were 8 in my Try Out but there could be upto 10. After registering and having my ID checked we went through to an exhibition of the World Cup, which had the gold, silver and bronze medals from New Zealand 2011. There was a giant ball to write what rugby means to you and lots of info about the World Cups past as well as England 2015 to read. Then we went and watched a short film narrated by Maggie Alphonsi (England Women's legendary No 7) about what they want the volunteers to bring to the position, including some footage of the volunteers from NZ 2011.
Then it was in to the interview section where there were set questions and I had to sell my passion of rugby and why I want to volunteer at England 2015.
I'll find out in January if I'm in and what they want me to do.

20140921105331-2014-09-20_14.49.20 20140921105339-2014-09-20_14.50.32 20140921105346-2014-09-20_14.53.34 20140921105353-2014-09-20_14.52.32 20140921105400-2014-09-20_14.54.52
20140702045016-rissaroo

Finally we had to try on some uniform for sizing. It was a generic black and grey, just for sizing No clues given as to what it will look like but as all the England 2015 is light, blue, dark blue and bright pink, I am imagining it'll be made of those 3 colours.

Kevin G encouraged this.

20170103105245-kevingibson

An interview ooh, I volunteered for The Tour De France, uniform sponsored by Asda, looked like a checkout assistant but great atmosphere and a great experience. No interviews needed for that. Good luck, look forward to hear what you will be doing.

Amanda C and Ris S encouraged this.

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Ris S Tried to do my ticket application today - snag on the payment though as my card expired in Oct and haven't been sent a new one yet. Have to phone bank again tomorrow and get them to send me a new one then I can bid for my tickets!!!!
Have my Pack interview next Saturday. I'll tell you about it when it's finished. Absolutely no idea what I'll have to do!

Kevin G encouraged this.

Join or sign in

Contributorgold Kevin G Ticket application went in yesterday New Zealand vs Argentina and Ireland vs Italy, hope I am lucky. Going to cost an arm and a leg, but we shall see. Result known in October 14

Join or sign in

Ashleigh R Rugby World Cup 2015 Tribe

Contributorgold Ashleigh R I am so happy that this tribe exists :D anyone here a Wallabies supporter?!

Join or sign in

Sue A Rugby World Cup 2015 Tribe

Contributorgold Sue A Oh exciting this is the perfect place to skite - we're off to the All Blacks vs South Africa game in Wellington soon!

Show 2 earlier comments

Join or sign in

I'm a Wales and Bath fan and have just retired from playing at the end of last season.   The Wormen's World Cup was really good, the final was a very good match and so glad their getting such a well publicised welcome home.

Have an Try Out for th...

Hi Ris, I am a big Rugby Union fan, support Saracens, love the Heineken Cup and have been to a couple Of ENgland 6 Nations games. The England men have got to follow in the footsteps of the ladies, a great achievement.

a great idea for a tribe :))

Contributorgold Ris S Innovative RWC 2015 MATCH XV ball launched (RUGBY WORLD CUP) Thursday 14 August 2014

Innovation and tradition is at the heart of MATCH XV, the official Rugby World Cup 2015 match ball, launched by Rugby World Cup suppliers Gilbert today.

The MATCH XV will make its debut in the English Premiership and French Top 14 later this month and will be used in top level Test matches throughout the rest of 2014 and 2015, meaning the world’s best players will have plenty of competition time with the ball.

A modern classic, the MATCH XV is the latest in a succession of balls stretching back to 1995 to be engineered by the industry-leaders specifically for Rugby’s global showpiece tournament and is packed with innovation. It is also the most-tested Gilbert ball in history.

An extensive two-year development process has delivered a new surface compound to enhance grip without compromising subtlety or durability. The surface design has also been improved to enable quicker water dispersion.

Read more at http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2072653.html#37geteq6kxiXkI3Z.99

Join or sign in

8 members

• Karl
  • Franco
  • Ashleigh
  • Éamonn
  • Joanne
  • Sue
  • KEVIN
  • Ris
Invite your friends

Tribe creator