Join Tribesports today – it's free!

Tribesports is the home of sportspeople and sports challenges.
Join the fun and start sharing your sports activities with people like you.

20110528193343-swim-3000m-in-1-hour

Swim 3000m in 1 hour

Simple, swim 3000m in under 1 hour

20m pool = 150 lengths
25m pool = 120 lengths
33m pool = 91 lengths
50m pool = 60 lengths

Good luck

Show new updates

Judy C Swim 3000m in 1 hour Tribe

Sports-iqbronze Judy C answered the question I fail ><

Thanks Cristina, I eventually complete the 1May 3000m Water Safety event, though people say its only 2.5KM when they use Garmin watch and check, but for me, it is really good start. For me, I deeply feel that ther...

Jeffrey S encouraged this.

Sports-iqbronze Judy C answered the question I fail ><

Yes, thanks, it is really true, now my time really need to improve in order I want to swim longer distance, I will take your suggestion and try.   This 1 May, I will participate in the Hong Kong Water Safety 30...

I swim 1500m ok for 40min But when it comes to 3000m, I have following problem: 1. when comes to 1.5 hr, I want to stop 2. when comes to 1.25 hr, I undergo headache, when my face in water, I always need 100% concentration otherwise I don't exha...

Jeffrey S Swim 3000m in 1 hour Tribe

Contributorgold Jeffrey S I have been on a roll. Not counting weekends, (Monday-Friday only) I have logged 3300 yards (3017.5M) per day in just under 1 hour each day for 20 days. I am looking forward to trying a distance lake swim this summer. There are a variety if distances anywhere from 1 mile to 5 mile challenges.

You need to be a member of Tribesports to comment.

Join or sign in

Stephen C Swim 3000m in 1 hour Tribe

Contributorgold Stephen C Completed a 3,150M swim in 63 minutes November 1st - felt good and just in time before being asked to vacate the lane to make way for the swimming club.

Show 4 earlier comments

Join or sign in

Carole M Swim 3000m in 1 hour Tribe

Contributorbronze Carole M oh dear, this may take a while achieve - I do 60lengths in about 45mins. Any tips on how to swim faster?! I don't kick much as I'm tri training but I'm not sure grannies doing breaststroke should be overtaking me when I do freestyle! Any tips appreciated!!

20131010212227-jesan002

For the front crawl (freestyle) One easy tip that may help is to make sure that you are keeping your body in a streamline position when you push off from the wall. Hold that position and glide for as long as you can before you take your first stroke. Bend your elbows and almost skim your fingers across the top of the water. Make sure that you use a full range of motion with your arms by reaching as far in front of your body and finish your pull at your thigh while you stroke. Make sure that you are feeling the water with your hand all the way through your stroke under water by cupping your hand. When kicking, point your toes and have less of a knee bend. You want to kick from your hips. Focus on your kick (your kick is your motor) by keeping your motor running.

20140320214906-vixter92

Try also raising your stroke rate (not at the expense of stroke length though!) and doing a few undulations underwater before taking your first stroke. Tumble turns are also a much quicker way of changing direction so try mastering them. Kick is important but don't go too crazy. Keep your legs ticking over, but too much will drain your energy resources.

Join or sign in

Jeffrey S Swim 3000m in 1 hour Tribe

Contributorgold Jeffrey S Tomorrow will be my 14th day in a row swimming 2 miles. The last 4 days in a row I have broke 1 hour. I am looking forward to tomorrow!

20131010212227-jesan002

Thanks for all the encouragement. It's a great motivator!

Stasha K encouraged this.

Join or sign in

251 members

• Eva
  • Andres
  • sri
  • Joana
  • Ansh
  • Joanne
  • Ninda
  • John
  • Michelle
  • Cathleen